- At this time there are 250 students enrolled at Pope John XXIII School.
- Students range from three year-olds to fourteen year-olds in a coed environment
- Our students come from literacy-rich family environments and continue to grow and excel.
- Motivation to learn and achieve is a characteristic of our students
- The average class size is 18 students.
- 100% of all classroom teachers are certified by the state of Illinois.
- 50% of our teachers have earned their Master’s degree in the subject area in which they teach.
- The teacher-pupil ratio for the Preschool is 1 to 7.
- The teacher-pupil ratio for the K-8 classrooms is 1 to 11.
- The average classroom has 18 students.
We are proud of our diversity, which adds a dimension and a richness to our curriculum. The openness and acceptance of others is key to the dynamics of our school.
- African-American 13%
- Asian 8%
- Multi-Racial 10%
- Hispanic 8%
- White/European Non-Hispanic 63%
- Almost 10% of our families are from Skokie
- About 30% of our families are from Rogers Park
- A few have come to us from Morton Grove, Wilmette, and Glenview
74 families are non-catholic, non-parishoners who choose to send their children to Pope John XXIII School because of its academic excellence and caring community.